Carrot Apple Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose or whole-wheat flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and shredded
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, stir to combine milk, coconut oil, carrot, apple, egg, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium high heat. Using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake, pour the batter onto the griddle. Cook until golden brown on both sides, flipping halfway through, about 5 minutes each. Serve with syrup.