Roasted Curried Cauliflower Soup
- 1 head cauliflower
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt/pepper
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2-3 teaspoons curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Optional: Cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place cauliflower florets onto a rimmed baking sheet. Lightly drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Bake for approximately 25 minutes OR until golden and fork tender.
- Into a large heavy bottom pot heat 1 tablespoon olive over medium heat. Add onion and cook for approximately 4 minutes OR until translucent. Add: curry paste garlic, cumin, sugar, potato and roasted cauliflower. Stir to combine. Add vegetable stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes OR until potato is fork tender.
- Transfer soup to blender and pulse until desired consistency.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and a drizzle of olive oil.
Imperial Sugar Insight
NOTE: IF you prefer your soup less thick, simply add water (or vegetable stock) until soup is to your desired consistency.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.