Catherine’s Pecan Pie
- 4 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 9-inch frozen pie crust
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats, blended to flour-like consistency
- 1 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pierce the bottom of the frozen pie crust with a knife 5-7 times. Pre-bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- While the pie crust is baking cream granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and melted butter together in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Scrape the sides of bowl and mix until well combined. Add in eggs and mix on low speed until combined. Add milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, light corn syrup and honey. Mix for 30 seconds on low until combined. Add in all-purpose flour and the blended quick cooking oats. Mix for 30 seconds longer until all the ingredients have been combined. Be sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Pour the custard mixture into pie crust. Top with pecan pieces. Bake on lowest oven rack for 45 minutes until it passes clean knife test. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Slice and enjoy.