- 12 ounces white non-oily fish such as cod, haddock, or halibut
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 orange or red bell pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 green onions
- 1/8 cup parsley leaves
- 1/8 cup cilantro leaves
- Red pepper flakes, as desired
- Black pepper, as desired
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 avocado, not too ripe (optional)
- Cut cold fish in equal pieces about 1/4-inch X 1/4-inch and place in a pre-chilled bowl large enough to hold lime juice. Add and toss in lime juice and cover with plastic food wrap and place in refrigerator for about 3 hours.
- Select a cold bowl large enough to hold all ingredients. Cut bell pepper in very small, almost minced pieces and place in bowl. Cut celery and onions in thin slices and add to bowl.
- Chop parsley and cilantro and add to bowl along with red pepper flakes, black pepper, salt, and sugar.
- Drain fish but retain all juices. Add fish to vegetables and about 1/3 of marinating juices.
- Add avocado cut in small pieces if using.
Imperial Sugar Insight
When Chef Eddy prepares ceviche, he always uses commercially frozen fish to ensure that the fish is safe to consume. Commercial frozen fish is frozen to super low temperatures, which kills any parasites if these were present.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments