Chatham Artillery Punch
- 2 quarts green tea*
- Juice of 1 dozen lemons
- 1 1/4 pounds Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 quarts Catawba wine
- 2 quarts Santa Cruz rum
- 1 quart Hennessy (3-star) brandy
- 1 quart dry gin
- 1 quart rye whiskey
- 2 cups cherries
- 2 cups pineapple cubes
- 2 1/2 quarts champagne
- Mix tea with lemon juice, preferably in a cedar tub, then add brown sugar and liquors. Let this mixture set for at least 1 week or perferably 2 weeks, in a covered container.
- After setting period and when ready to serve, pour mixture over a cake of ice. Never chill in refrigerator or used crushed ice.
- When this is done, add cherries, pineapple cubes and champagne, pouring in slowly and mixing with a circular motion.
Imperial Sugar Insight
- To make tea, soak 1/4 pound green tea in 2 quarts water overnight in a tin bucket. Strain before using.
- Recipe was originally published in the 1994 HomeMade Good News Cookbook. Adapted from Junior League of Savannah Cookbooks.
- This recipe makes a large quantity of punch, so best served at parties or other events, or reduce the recipe for smaller quantities.