Cheesecake Apple Fig Crostata with Bourbon Pomegranate Sauce
- One 9-inch Pure Butter Pie Crust
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Pinch salt
- 5 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin (preserve color by soaking them in an ice water bath with a bit of lemon juice added)
- 1/2 cup divided Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 8-10 fresh figs, sliced
- 1 bottle (8 oz) pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup good quality bourbon
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Bourbon Pomegranate Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F, making sure the rack is in middle of oven.
- While oven is preheating, mix together cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup sugar, bourbon and salt until completely smooth.
- Roll out pie crust to about 15 inches diameter. Spread cream cheese filling in the center of crust to make a 12 inch circle.
- Toss apples with 1/4 cup sugar then place in a neat pattern to cover cheese filling. Once you have used up all of apples, top with fig slices. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Fold edges of crust in. It will cover part of filling but not all.
- Lightly brush crust with cream or milk. Bake for 45-50 minutes on a large baking sheet until crust is golden brown.
- While crostata is baking, prepare Bourbon Pomegranate Sauce. Combine all ingredients in a heavy bottomed pot. Bring to a hard simmer. Simmer on medium low heat until reduced to half and thick like syrup.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Drizzle warm crostata with Bourbon Pomegranate Sauce before serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
The Bourbon Pomegranate Sauce is also fantastic added to seltzer or other drinks.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.