Cheesecake Stuffed Pumpkin Cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Once ready to bake cookies, preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and both sugars until smooth. Add in egg and vanilla and mix. Mix in pumpkin puree.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice.
- Add flour mixture and mix until combined. Do not overmix batter. Stir in 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Dough will be sticky.*
- Flatten dough just a bit and add 1 teaspoon cheesecake filling into center of dough.
- Scoop out another tablespoon of dough and place it on top of filling.
- Press around edges to seal in cheesecake filling. Press a few white chocolate chips into the top of each cookie.
- Bake 10 -12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet.
*If dough becomes too sticky, either place dough into fridge for a few minutes to chill or wet your hands with cold water and use your fingers to smooth dough on cookie sheets.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.