Cheesecake Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring gel
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Cream cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Once ready to bake cookies, preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Cream butter and both sugars together until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Mix in red food coloring and vinegar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix until combined. Do not over mix.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Dough will be sticky. (If dough becomes too sticky, place into a fridge for a few minutes to chill or wet your hands with cold water and use your fingers to smooth dough on cookie sheets.)
- Flatten dough just a bit and add 1 teaspoon chilled cheesecake filling into center of dough.
- Scoop out another tablespoon of dough and place it on top of filling.
- Press around edges to seal in cheesecake filling.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a bowl in microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Drizzle white chocolate over cooled cookies. Let white chocolate cool to harden.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.