Chef Eddy’s Bread Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and brush bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 inch deep baking dish. Add bread cubes.
- Heat milk and brown sugar until hot but not boiling.
- Meanwhile whisk eggs and vigorously whisk in granulated sugar. Add cinnamon, vanilla extract and cognac. Slowly pour in heated milk and whisk until well combined.
- Pour mixture into baking dish covering bread cubes. Using a fork press bread cubes down until completely moist.
- Place in oven for about 45 minutes or until the center springs back when tapped.
- Top with Crème Chantilly if desired.
- Serve warm. Bread pudding is easily reheated in microwave oven.