Chef Eddy's Blueberry Crisp
- 3 cups (455g) fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/3 cup (67g) Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon (no white bitter pith)
- Zest of 1 orange (no white bitter pith)
- 1/3 cup (27g) oats or 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 3 tablespoons (24g) all-purpose flour*
- 3 tablespoons (37g) Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons (42g) unsalted butter, very cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine blueberries, flour, corn starch, sugar, lemon, and orange zest.
- Divide equally into 4 ramekins.
- Place oats in a blender and mix to flour consistency. Remove from blender and place in a bowl.
- Add flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Grate cold butter on small eyes of grater directly into flour mixture.
- Add vanilla and rub mixture between palm of hands until crumbles form.
- Sprinkle on blueberry filling.
- Place in oven and bake about 25-30 minutes or until thick bubbles form. Time will depend on the thickness of ramekins used.