Chef Eddy's No Bake Peach Cream Pie
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs, standard or gluten-free version
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen peaches defrosted or 1 1/2 pounds fresh ripe peaches
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, must be at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup peach or almond liqueur (optional)
- Crème Chantilly
- 1/3 cup pistachios, unsalted or salted
- Crush graham crackers until fine, either using a rolling pin or in a food processor. Place in a bowl. Melt butter and, along with sugar, add to graham cracker crumbs.
- Press evenly into a 9-inch, deep-dish pie pan and place in refrigerator.
- Defrost and drain peaches if using frozen. Peel peaches if using fresh. (Dipping peaches in boiling water for 30 seconds and then transferring to an ice bath makes it easier to peel peaches.) Cut in slices.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt butter and add sugar. Once melted add either defrosted or fresh peaches and vanilla.
- Stir until peaches have softened, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer onto a plate and place in refrigerator to cool.
- Whip cream in a cold bowl until very soft peaks. Do not whip firm as you would to decorate a pie. Consistency of this cream must barely keep its whipped shape.
- Sift powdered sugar. In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients mix soft cream cheese and powdered sugar until thoroughly combined and no lumps remain.
- Add lemon zest and vanilla extract. Gradually add liqueur if using while stirring in between. If lumpy mix with a whisk.
- Add softly whipped cream and fold into above. Transfer half of cream into chilled pie crust. Cover with prepared peaches (must be cold), it is okay to add juices from pan.
- Cover with remaining cream and place in refrigerator.
- Pipe dollops of Crème Chantilly on border of pie.
- If using salted pistachios rinse under hot water to remove most of salt. Unsalted pistachios can also be rinsed as it will allow you to remove a lot of purple skins and reveal bright green color. Towel dry and sprinkle pistachios on pie.
Pastry chefs often combine pistachios with peaches or apricots because it makes for a delicious and beautiful color combination.