Chef Eddy's Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth or chunky
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl mix butter until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter and mix well. Add sugar and on high speed mix until very creamy and light. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to above in low speed. Once combined stop mixing.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a regular spoon, shape into balls. Place on a parchment lined or buttered cookie sheet. Press to flatten and sprinkle with granulated sugar. If desired make a crisscross design with a fork.
- Place in oven and bake for 9-11 minutes. Baked at 8-9 minutes cookies will be tender and soft.
- Let cookies cool and serve.