- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup salted butter, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pits removed, halved
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a square 9 X 9-inch baking dish with a parchment paper sling or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine bittersweet chocolate and butter. Microwave on high in 20-30 second bursts, stirring well between bursts of heat until melted and smooth. Whisk in cocoa powder.
- Add granulated sugar and brown sugar, whisking well to combine. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well either by hand with a whisk or with an electric mixer.
- Sprinkle flour and salt over brownie batter and gently stir it in with a wooden spoon or spatula. Stir in chocolate chips and cherries.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared baking dish and spread into corners. Batter will be thick.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of brownies comes out mostly clean with only a few crumbs attached. Do not over-bake.
- Cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days at room temperature or in a refrigerator.
Use your favorite type of chocolate chips for this recipe. Milk chocolate chips will give these Cherry Brownies a smoother, sweeter taste, while dark chocolate chips will give them a sharper chocolate profile. If you use dark chocolate chips, we suggest staying under 60% cacao.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.