Cherry Cheese Pie
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare pie crust. Line unbaked pie crust with parchment paper and weigh it down with pie weights or dry beans. Pre-bake crust for 5-10 minutes or until edges start to golden.
- Remove crust from oven and place cherry pie filling in shell. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven to cool slightly.
- While cherry pie is baking, beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Lower oven temperature to 350°F.
- Pour cream cheese mixture on top of cherry filling. Return to oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes. If pie crust edges start to brown, cover with aluminum foil.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Top with Creme Chantilly if desired and refrigerate until served.
This recipe was originally published in Imperial Sugar’s 150th Anniversary Cookbook.
Learn why we suggest Pre-Baking the Pie Crust on the Sweetalk Blog.