Cherry Chip Dr. Pepper® Cherry Cola Bundt Cake
- Cherry Dr Pepper Cake
- 2 (10 oz) jars maraschino cherries
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Dr. Pepper® Cherry Cola (not diet)
- Cherry Sauce
- 1-pound fresh cherries (if using frozen, defrost first)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Kirsch cherry liquor, optional
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Drain maraschino cherries very well and remove stems. Chop cherries into small pieces and set aside.
- Butter and flour an 9 or 10-inch Tube pan and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- In a stand or hand-held mixer using paddle attachment, mix butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and mix well.
- Add 1 egg at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated and mixture regains a smooth homogenous look before adding the next egg.
- Add chopped maraschino cherries.
- Alternately add flour mixture and cherry Dr. Pepper® in 5 steps, starting with and ending with flour. Scrape batter into prepared pan and place in oven. After 5 minutes in oven reduce temperature to 350°F.
- Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 47-52 minutes. If cakes becomes too dark before being done, cover cake with a lightly buttered piece of foil.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before turning upside down on a serving platter.
- For the sauce pit 3/4 of the fresh cherries (keep remaining amount for decoration).
- Melt butter and sugar in a saucepan. Add liquor and pitted cherries and keep on low heat until cherries release some juices and become warm. Serve sauce warm with cake.
- Decorate with fresh cherries, if desired.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments