Cherry Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter, 1 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended.
- On low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended. Gently stir in chocolate chips and cherries. Do not overmix.
- Drop dough by tablespoonful onto prepared cookie sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Flatten dough with the bottom of a glass dipped in the 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- Bake 10 – 11 minutes or until center of cookies are set. Do not overbake. Move to wire rack to cool.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments
Dec 20, 2016
These cookies were very good. The only problem I had was trying to put the sugar on top of the cookie before I cooked them. I wet the glass at the bottom then put it in the sugar & then tried to apply it to the cookie. It just wouldn't attach to the cookie. So I just sprinkled some on the cookie after I flattened it out with my hand. They were very tasty. My children kept going back to eat more. Great for the holidays.