Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- If needed, freeze ice cream bowl 24 hours ahead of time.
- Stir together cherries, water, sugar, and cornstarch in a saucepan. Heat on medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring until it thickens.
- Remove and cool filling on counter for an hour. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Whisk cream, milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour milk mixture into ice cream maker according to manufacturer directions. Churn 20-30 minutes, depending on machine.
- When ice cream starts to thicken, add chocolate chunks slowly while it continues to churn.
- Once frozen, spoon 1/3 of vanilla ice cream and chilled cherry filling into a container. Repeat layers two more times.
- Place a piece of wax paper directly on top of ice cream. Cover tightly with plastic wrap or lid and place in freezer for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jocelyn Brubaker @InsideBruCrewLife.