- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 3 cups crushed cornflakes
- 12 maraschino cherries, quartered
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, shortening, and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, milk, and vanilla. Beat until combined. Scrape bottom and sides of bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add pecans, dates, and chopped maraschino cherries. Mix just until combined.
- Fill a shallow dish with crushed cornflakes.
- Drop small balls of dough onto cornflakes. Roll in cornflakes to coat, then transfer to prepared baking sheets. Repeat with remaining cookie dough. Top each ball of dough with one quarter of a maraschino cherry.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned around the edges. Cool before serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.