Chick Cottage Cupcakes
- Lemon Poundcake Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Zest from one lemon
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Tinted Basic Butter Cream Frosting
- For Decoration
- Pastel chocolate covered candies
- 36 graham crackers
- 12 marshmallow chicks (or bunnies)
- Shredded coconut colored green (optional)
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and lemon zest until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, and sour cream. Mix until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly in muffin tin. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To assemble the cupcakes: Remove paper liners. Using a graham cracker for the base, add a bit of frosting to act as glue. Cut off bottom of cupcake to create a flat bottom, cutting about 1/2 inch off. The top of the cupcake becomes the front of the house.
- Frost with your favorite color icing and add windows and doors with candy. Add a generous amount of frosting to the top and press two graham crackers together to make the roof.
- Create a display by sprinkling green shredded coconut on a cake stand and placing several Chick Cottage Cupcakes on stand.