Chipotle Dulce de Leche Chocolates
- 2 quart milk
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chipotle, dried powdered
- 1 package chocolate cordial cups
- In a large saucepan (mixture will rise in pan therefore select a large pan) combine milk, sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce heat source to medium while constantly stirring with a heat resistant spatula.
- When mixture starts to become light golden make certain to stir well as it may scorch otherwise. Cook to a golden light brown color. Drop a small amount on a plate and let cool, this will give you an idea of consistency. Deep dark dulce de leche indicates a deeper flavor.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Divide dulce de leche in two separate bowls, in one bowl stir in desired amount of chipotle. Naturally the more you add the spicier it will be. Cover with plastic and allow to completely cool before filling into chocolate cups.
- Keep remaining amount of dulce de leche in a refrigerator for several weeks and drizzle on ice cream, graham crackers, cheesecakes etc.
- Place cold dulce de leche in a piping bag fitted with a small round plain tip. Alternatively use a plastic food bag with a small corner cutoff.
- Pipe dulce de leche into cordial cups to desired height. Keep refrigerated.
Imperial Sugar Insight
NOTE: Chocolate cordial cups can be purchased online or from high-end candy stores.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments