Chocolate Almond Puddle Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the confectioner’s sugar and cocoa powder with a whisk until well combined. Add in egg whites and vanilla and stir until uniform.
- Add in the almonds and chocolate chips.
- Place mounds of dough onto the cookie sheet, leaving ample room between each mound, as cookies “puddle”. Six per pan is ideal. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until cookies have puffed and cracked, with glossy tops.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool on pan. Store in air tight container for up to 2 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.