Chocolate and Vanilla Marshmallow Frosting
Vanilla Marshmallow Frosting
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 (13 ounce) tub marshmallow fluff
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup white frosting from above
- 1-2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- For Vanilla Marshmallow Frosting, beat shortening, butter, powdered sugar, marshmallow fluff, vanilla, and whipping cream until light and fluffy.
- For chocolate frosting, stir one tablespoon of cocoa powder into the frosting.
- If needed, add more, 1 teaspoon at a time, until you get the desired color, flavor, and consistency.
- If the frosting gets too thick, add a few drops of heavy whipping cream.
Imperial Sugar Insight
- We used dark cocoa powder to get the rich color of the chocolate frosting in the photo. If you use a lighter colored cocoa powder, you may need to increase the amount to obtain this dark color. Adding more cocoa powder can make the frosting thick; but you can add a bit more heavy whipping cream to balance it out and obtain the consistency you want.
- Recipe created for Imperial Sugar by Beth Jackson Klosterboer at Hungry Happenings.