Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (2.5 oz) unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of soft unsalted butter
- 3 cups sifted Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Bring heavy cream and milk to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in chopped unsweetened chocolate. Set aside.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add one cup of powdered sugar and mix until light and creamy.
- Gradually add remaining powdered sugar alternating with chocolate mixture. Scrape bowl well. Whip until very light and fluffy. Add vanilla and salt and combine well.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Note: This is a chocolate icing that appeals to many people. However, if an extra dark chocolate frosting is desired, boil an extra 1/4 cup of milk and whisk in 1/4 cup of finely chopped unsweetened chocolate. Add to the above in step 3.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments