Chocolate Caramel Cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Turn mixer to low and add vanilla, milk, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Once combined, turn mixer up to medium and mix until smooth, and combined, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add flour and mix until just incorporated.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Press center of each dough ball down with your thumb creating an indent. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine coconut and caramel, stirring until evenly mixed. Spoon a teaspoon-sized amount of caramel into the indent of each cookie. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookie is set.
- All cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl, heat in 20-second increments, stirring in between each, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Place melted chocolate in a small zip top bag with the corner snipped off and drizzle cookies with melted chocolate.
- Allow chocolate to set before storing. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days for best freshness.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups