Chocolate Cherry Cannoli
- 1 pound whole milk ricotta
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5-6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 10-20 cannoli shells, store bought
- 7 ounces dried or fresh cherries, finely chopped
- If using fresh cherries, chop in advance and strain.
- Combine ricotta, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder until well combined. Fold in vanilla, melted chocolate and cherries. Chill for several hours before piping into cannoli shells.
- Dust completed cannoli with cocoa powder or powdered sugar to finish. If desired, garnish ends with finely chopped chocolate and fresh, dried or jarred cherries.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.