Chocolate Chess Pie
- 1 (9- inch) deep dish pie crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Bake pie crust according to recipe or box instructions. Allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, melted chocolate, milk, flour, and vanilla until smooth. Slowly mix in butter until smooth.
- Pour mixture into baked pie crust and bake for 40 minutes, or until center is set and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. To prevent crust from browning too much, use a pie shield or cover crust in foil.
- Allow pie to cool completely and then cover and refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours, or overnight.
- Serve chilled.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.