Chocolate Chip Coconut Passover Macaroons
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine coconut, sugar, matzo meal and salt.
- Stir in egg whites, vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Drop teaspoonsful of dough, 2-inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from baking pans and cool on wire racks.
These bite-sized treats are perfect for a Passover celebration. The secret to making them Passover appropriate is using matzo meal instead of flour. Even if you don’t observe Passover, you’ll fall in love with the combination of coconut and semi-sweet chocolate chips in these chewy cookies.