Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13-inch pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Start with brownie layer. In a large bowl, add butter, both sugars, and cocoa powder. Microwave for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir mixture together until combined.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla very well. Add baking powder and flour, mixing until fully combined. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- For cookie layer, in a large bowl, mix melted butter and both sugars together until smooth. Add egg, yolk, and vanilla extract and beat until fully combined.
- Add baking soda and flour, mixing until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips by hand. Drop spoonfuls of dough on top of brownie layer, spreading out to fill any gaps as needed into an even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top cookie layer is slightly browned and edges are set. Allow to cool for 30 minutes before cutting into bars.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Kraft @SprinkleSomeSugar.