Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/8 cup all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 14-inch, deep dish, aluminum pizza pan, or cake pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Wipe out any excess spray leaving just a thin layer of the spray in the pan.
- Cut two 24-inch long strips of parchment paper and lay them crosswise in pan allowing them to hang over edges.
- Cut out a 14-inch round of parchment paper and press it into bottom of pan over top of long strips.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and beat until fully incorporated.
- Whisk flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking soda together; then incorporate it into wet ingredients.
- Fold 1 cup of chocolate chips into batter.
- Press cookie dough into prepared pan.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven and set on a cooling rack.
- Run a thin knife around edge of cookie, releasing it from edge of pan.
- Allow cookie to cool completely in pan.
- While cookie cools, prepare chocolate and vanilla marshmallow frosting.
- Once cooled, lift up on parchment paper strips, releasing cookie from pan.
- Slide cookie off parchment paper onto a serving platter or 14-inch cardboard cake round.
- Spoon vanilla frosting into a pastry bag fitted with a large open star tip.
- Spoon chocolate frosting into a pastry bag fitted with a large open star tip.
- Pipe a border of stars around edge of cookie, alternating with vanilla and chocolate frosting.
- Change tip on vanilla frosting bag to a small open star tip. Change tip on chocolate frosting bag to a round tip.
- Pipe “Happy Father’s Day” using vanilla frosting. Make letters thick and puffy.
- Use chocolate frosting to pipe a thin line over top of “Happy Father’s Day.”
Recipe created for Imperial Sugar by Beth Jackson Klosterboer @Hungry Happenings.