Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bunny Truffles
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 (10 oz.) bag white chocolate melting disks
- Pink candy melts, optional
- Pink heart sprinkles
- Black edible marker
- White candy coated chocolate ball candies
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- To make truffles, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy with an electric mixer on medium-high speed. Add vanilla and cream. Reduce speed to low and add flour and salt. Continue to beat until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Chill mixture for 30 minutes.
- Roll chilled dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- To make bunny ears, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt white chocolate and pink disks according to package directions. Add approximately 1/4 cup of white chocolate to a piping bag or a plastic ziptop bag. Cut a very small hole and pipe 48 1-inch oval shapes. If using pink, add a small amount to a plastic bag and add a pink center to each oval. Set aside to harden.
- With the remaining white chocolate, dip the cookie dough balls into the melted chocolate. Place on parchment paper and add 2 ears, a pink heart for the nose, and a white candy for the tail. Let harden completely.
- Using a black edible marker, draw on eyes and a mouth. Keep chilled until ready to serve.