Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar, well packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 3 packages cream cheese (8 oz each), soft at room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- For cookies, preheat oven to 350°F. Cream butter until smooth, add both sugars and cream further. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla, salt, and mix until light and creamy.
- Sift together flour and baking soda. Add flour in one step to the creamed mixture and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Add chocolate chips and pecans. Mix until just combined.
- Scoop dough using a medium size ice cream scoop (3 well-filled large tablespoons) and place on a parchment or buttered cookie sheets.
- To prepare cheesecake, you will need a total of 11 pieces of dough. If desired, scoop remaining dough and freeze for later use. (Defrost frozen dough balls before placing in oven.)
- Press 5 dough balls onto bottom of a springform pan, place in oven and bake for about 7 minutes. Check cookies to make sure they have spread to cover bottom of pan. If not, carefully use a spatula to gently flatten dough to edges of pan. Continue to cook for another 7-9 minutes or until golden.
- In a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, bake 6 additional cookies until edges are light golden brown, about 11-13 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 325°F.
- Place springform pan on 3 layers of aluminum foil and wrap the outside of pan tightly with foil. Ensure water cannot penetrate thru foil. Place in a roasting pan and set aside.
- Blend cream cheese and sugar on lowest speed, alternatively mix by using a handheld spatula until no lumps remain. Scrape bowl well.
- Add one egg at a time waiting for previously added egg to be fully incorporated and mixture shows no lumps. Scrape bowl and beater between additions.
- Add sour cream and vanilla.
- Coarsely chop or break cookies and mix into batter.
- Melt about 1 tablespoon of butter or use oil. Spread fat on inner side of springform pan. Pour/scrape cheesecake mixture into pan.
- Pour water into roasting pan about one inch high and place in oven.
- Bake until center of cake no longer trembles when tapping sides of pan, about 90 minutes but it could take up to 2 hours depending on temperature of cheesecake batter.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Run a sharp knife around edge of cheesecake to remove from pan.
- Whip cream, sugar, and vanilla to medium-firm peaks and spread on cheesecake.
- Decorate with chocolate chips and pecans.