Chocolate Chip Rickies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee or ground espresso
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Cream butter with sugars; then mix in eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and coffee. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into creamed butter/sugar mixture, but do not overwork dough. Gently mix in chocolate chips and coconut. Chill dough for 20 minutes.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, place 1 tablespoon sized balls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until bottoms are golden brown.
- Let cookies rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Dough can be stored in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments