- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- You will also need: a medium saucepan, measuring cups and spoons and a large spoon.
- Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan; turn heat down.
- Mix sugar, cocoa and salt with water. Add milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Serve over ice cubes in a tall, frosty glass or chill and serve in tall glasses with a scoop of ice cream. Also, you can serve hot in a cup with a marshmallow and sprinkle of cinnamon.
Idea: Put several ice cubes, 2 cups of Chocolate Chug-A-Lug and a scoop of ice cream in a blender and blend until thick and icy. You can make hot Chocolate Chug-A-Lug in an electric coffee maker.
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Click here to see our 1972 TV commercial for My First Cookbook!