Chocolate Chunk Pistachio Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, or 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted pistachios
- Optional: flaked sea salt to sprinkle on top of baked cookies
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepot over medium-low heat melt the butter. Once it’s melted bring it to a boil, swirl the pot, or stir constantly as the butter cooks. The butter will foam and then start to turn a deep amber color. Once the butter is browned remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl stir the cooled butter and sugar together. Add in the eggs and vanilla and stir until smooth. Next stir in the baking soda and salt and then the flour.
- Finally stir the chocolate chunks and pistachios.
- Using a medium (2 tablespoon) sized cookie scoop drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 9-10 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments