Chocolate Crackle Hershey’s Kiss Cookies
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, can be avocado, olive, peanut
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar, well packed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 bag Hershey’s kisses, any kind
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Chop unsweetened chocolate in chip size pieces and place in bowl with oil and salt. Heat over double boiler until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat. Allow mixture to slightly cool until lukewarm before proceeding.
- Add both sugars and whisk in until well combined. Whisk in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
- Add flour and mix until combined. Place in refrigerator until firm, about 2 hours.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Shape chilled dough into tablespoon size and drop in powdered sugar. Make into round balls and roll very generously into powdered sugar.
- Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Place in oven and bake until cookie bounces back when lightly pressed in center, about 12-13 minutes.
- To ensure that chocolate kisses will stick to cookies place kisses onto cookies when they feel faintly lukewarm. You can also let cookies cool completely and heat bottom of kisses using a hair dryer. Then place kisses onto cookies.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments