Chocolate Cream Pie Parfaits
Graham Cracker Layer
- 1/2 cup graham crackers crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 can (about 14 oz) coconut milk (not low fat)
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 cup (55-60% cocoa) best quality chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Raspberries or other fruit as desired
- If using graham cracker crumbs, preheat oven to 350°F. Crush enough graham crackers to obtain 1/2 cup. Add sugar and melted butter and combine well. Scatter on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and place in oven for approximately 8 minutes or until fragrant. Set aside.
- In a saucepan combine coconut milk, sugar, and water. Whisk ingredients to a boil and remove from heat. Let cool for a minute.
- Add chocolate and whisk mixture until smooth. Add vanilla.
- Place pan in a bowl filled with ice cubes and stir occasionally using a spatula. Once cream obtains consistency of very soft sour cream, proceed with filling glasses.
- Place a generous tablespoon of graham/cookie crumbs on bottom of each glass.
- Pour or spoon cream into each glass until it reaches just under the middle.
- Spoon a layer of graham/cookie crumbs on chocolate cream.
- Fill glasses with remaining cream and place in the refrigerator until completely firmed, about 2 -3 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, scatter remaining crumbs on surface. Whip cream, sugar, and vanilla in a cold bowl until medium firm peaks form and place a dollop on top.
- Place fruit on top and serve.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments