Chocolate Easter Egg Blossom Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 36 chocolate egg candies
- Colored Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until well combined. Add egg, milk, and vanilla until well blended. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; and mix until batter comes together.
- Pour colored sugar into small bowls. Scoop out golf-ball size balls of dough, and roll in colored sugar. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes until just set. Remove from oven and cool for 3 minutes. Move cookies to a wire rack and gently press a chocolate egg into the top of each cookie. Allow to cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.
wonderful cookie the grandkids loved them too.