Chocolate Ermine Frosting
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sweetened cocoa powder
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Place sugar, milk, flour, and salt into a heavy bottom pan. Whisk to combine. Heat pan over medium heat and cook until you have a thick, paste like consistency, stirring frequently. About 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla bean paste.
- Transfer mixture to a glass bowl. Place saran wrap over mixture and allow to come to room temperature.
- Add butter and cocoa powder and cream until light and fluffy using whisk attachment.
- Gradually add milk mixture into butter and whip until light and fluffy.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments