- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 7 eggs
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and water in a large pan over medium heat. Bring water and sugar to a boil and swirl around mixture, moving pan around by the handle; do not stir. Remove from heat as soon as caramel mixture turns amber in color.
- Pour caramel into a 10-inch mold. Carefully turn mold on its sides to coat bottom evenly. Set aside.
- Place eggs, milks, cocoa powder, and remaining sugar in a blender container. Blend until all ingredients have mixed thoroughly; about 30 seconds.
- Place mold in a large roasting pan. Pour mixture into mold. Add boiling water to roasting pan, filling approximately halfway.
- Carefully place roasting pan with mold in oven and bake for 73-75 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool in roasting pan with water.
- Remove mold from roasting pan, cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Run a small knife around flan edges. Gently shake mold to loosen chocolate flan. Place a large plate over mold and quickly turn upside down for flan to drop onto plate.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries, slice and serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ericka Sanchez @nibblesandfeasts.