Chocolate French Toast Bake
- 1 (14 oz) loaf French bread, cut into cubes
- 8 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Place bread cubes in a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla and salt until well blended and smooth. Pour evenly over the bread. Gently press down on the bread, until mostly covered with milk.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing down to make sure the cubes are covered. Place in fridge for 6-8 hours (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove plastic wrap and bake for 40-45 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve with maple syrup, chocolate sauce, whipped cream and/or berries.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.