Chocolate French Toast Cookies
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Add cinnamon sugar to a small bowl, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add maple syrup, egg, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Portion using a 2 tablespoon scoop and roll in cinnamon sugar. Use the bottom of a glass to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are set. Let cool on pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Add chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat in 10 second increments until smooth.
- Top each cookie with melted chocolate. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon sugar if desired. Let stand at room temperature to set chocolate.