Chocolate Fudge Pretzel Brownies
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups roughly chopped mini pretzels + 1 cup mini pretzels
- 4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cans (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla. Pour in flour, cocoa and salt. Mix on low until combined.
- Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with parchment paper and pour brownie batter into pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until done. Cool completely.
- Cover top of brownies with roughly chopped mini pretzels.
- Using a double broiler or place a metal bowl over top of a sauce pan filled with 1/2 cup of water. Bring water to a simmer. (There should be enough water in pan to simmer but enough to touch top bowl.) Add milk chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk to top bowl. Heat and stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate on top of cooled brownies. Top fudge with whole mini pretzels.
- Let sit for 6-7 hours or until firm. Cut into squares. Store at room temperature.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.