Chocolate Lava Cakes
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, or your favorite chopped chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 whole eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour*
- Garnish, optional
- Crème Chantilly
- Chocolate Ganache or Sauce
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat 4 custard cups with nonstick spray. Place on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl melt chocolate chips and butter together for 1 minute on high heat. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Whisk in powdered sugar and salt until combined. Add in eggs, yolks, and vanilla, whisking until smooth.
- Stir in flour until incorporated and divide batter equally between prepared custard cups.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until edges are set, but centers are still soft.
- Allow lava cakes to cool for 3-4 minutes, and then run a knife along edges to loosen. Using an oven mitt, invert cups onto small, individual serving plates.
- Dust with powdered sugar and top with creme Chantilly and chocolate ganache, if desired.