Chocolate Melting Cakes
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- To garnish: Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Brush 4 ramekins with a thin coat of melted butter and place on a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each heat cycle. When smooth, allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- While chocolate is resting, combine 2 eggs with sugar and whisk until well combined. Whisk in flour, then add remaining 2 eggs and chocolate mixture and continue to whisk until uniform.
- Pour mixture evenly into 4 prepared ramekins. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until just done. Centers should be 175°F. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments