- Whisk sugar, cocoa powder, and water in a microwave-safe bowl until combined. Microwave for 1 minute, stirring halfway through. Let cool.
- Combine ice cream, chocolate sauce, and milk in a blender. Blend until well-mixed, stopping to scrape down sides, if needed. Add more milk, if desired, for a thinner shake, or less milk for a thicker shake.
- Pour into tall glasses. Top with creme chantilly and drizzle with extra chocolate sauce, chocolate sprinkles, or top with a maraschino cherry.
Imperial Sugar Insight
- This recipe makes about 2/3 cup chocolate sauce. You can set aside 1-2 tablespoons for drizzling over the milkshakes, if desired, and the milkshake will still be very chocolatey.
- Read more about the differences between Dutch Process cocoa powder and natural cocoa powder here.
- Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.