Chocolate Muffins with Peanut Butter Mousse
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips + 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Mousse
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer, combine brown sugar, eggs, and oil. Mix until smooth.
- Whisk in milk and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add flour mixture and mix until smooth batter forms.
- Mix in sour cream. Mix until incorporated but don’t over mix.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips by hand.
- Line large muffin pan with liners or spray with baking spray.
- Fill large muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes. Remove and let muffins cool on a wire rack.
- Once muffins are cool, start on Peanut Butter Mousse.
- In bowl of an stand mixer, combine heavy cream and powdered sugar.
- Mix for a few minutes on medium speed until cream starts to thicken.
- Add peanut butter and mix on medium-high speed until mousse is thick.
- Fill a piping bag with peanut butter mousse.
- Carefully use a small knife to cut a hole into top of each muffin.
- Pipe peanut butter mousse into muffin centers.
- Sprinkle mousse with mini chocolate chips.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments