Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1/4 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour*
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Nutella®
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a microwave-safe mug (10-oz capacity or larger), use a fork to stir together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, stir milk, oil, vanilla, and espresso powder together. Add to mug with flour, using fork to stir until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 75 seconds, or until cake bounces back when pressed on top. (Microwave wattages vary, so times may differ slightly.) Immediately spread with 1 tablespoon Nutella®.
- Eat while still warm!
Note: espresso powder just boosts the chocolate flavor but may be omitted.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.