- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*, sifted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar, sifted
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well in center and add in milk, vanilla extract, egg, and oil. Whisk until smooth, do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Heat a griddle or large frying pan over medium heat. Add a little butter, oil, or cooking spray.
- Pour batter (suggest 1/4 cup batter at a time) onto hot pan, and cook until bubbles appear on surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on other side.
- For Chocolate Sauce, combine butter, milk, corn syrup, and vanilla extract in small saucepan and heat over medium heat until butter is melted. Decrease heat to low, add chocolate, and whisk until melted.
- Remove from heat, add powdered sugar, and whisk until smooth. Let chocolate glaze sit for 5 minutes until it has cooled slightly and started to thicken just a little bit.
- Drizzle over pancakes, as desired.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.