Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
Peanut Butter Pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Crème Chantilly
- 1 cup chopped mini peanut butter cups
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- For Chocolate Cake, preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Mix in boiling water until smooth.
- Pour into a greased pan, bake for 55-60 minutes or until done. Let cake cool completely.
- When cake is cool, use end of wooden spoon and poke holes into cake.
- For Peanut Butter Pudding, heat 3 cups milk in medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg.
- Stir in cornstarch, flour, and sugar.
- When milk is hot, stir in sugar mixture until smooth.
- Add in peanut butter and whisk until smooth.
- Heat and whisk for 8 minutes. When pudding starts to thicken, remove from heat and pour pudding over cake.
- Place cake into fridge for 2-3 hours or until pudding is cold.
- Remove cake from fridge and top with a layer of Crème Chantilly.
- Sprinkle top of cake with chopped mini peanut butter cups.
- Serve cold.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments