Chocolate Pecan Tassies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (4.5 oz) all-purpose flour*
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup, packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
For the crust:
- Beat butter and cream cheese until well combined. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. On low speed add flour and cocoa powder and beat until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firmed.
For the filling:
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, sugar, vanilla, pecans and salt.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 24 cup miniature muffin pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Divide chilled dough into 24 equal balls about 2 teaspoons each and place each ball inside a muffin cup. Press dough into bottoms and up the sides reaching the rim of each cup to form a shell. Spoon a heaping teaspoon of filling evenly among each shell. Do not fill over crust edge as filling will bubble over and make tassies stick to the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing tassies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place chocolate in a heat safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until melted. Let cool slightly. Pour into a pastry bag (or plastic bag) and drizzle chocolate over tassies. Let stand until set before serving.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Tessa Arias @HandletheHeat.